Sunday 2 June 2013

My Dream of Winning... I did it!

Wow, I cannot to begin to describe how ecstatic I am right now!
Yesterday afternoon I competed in my first ever Fitness Model Competition and I took first place... My heart stopped when the judges called number 36 and I could not wipe the smile off my face! Something I had worked so hard on, put so much sweat and tears into and I took it out.

https://www.facebook.com/Jennableakleyfitness
Left: Backstage in my bikini, practicing my poses, nervous as all hell.
Special Thank you to my best friend Jesse Karnaitis for her backstage support, Housemate/Training partner Arek Bak, my coach Gabe Hihira from Fit Pharm, Dayni Baker from Shape Up for my comp diet, Sarah Davis Online Personal Trainer for my diet, posing & advice, Theresa Makings from Sphere Cosmetics, Peta from After Glow Tanning, Elias Arcondoulis for being a great friend and support and last my by far least my boyfriend Anthony Yelland for being my backbone!




My coach Gabe from Fit Pharm and I after winning the U30's
I still remember the day I decided I wanted to compete, it was the INBA show back in 2011. I thought to myself I can do that, I want to be up there.
By January 2nd 2012 (I still have it in my diary) I wrote down the goal to compete in the May 2012 comp, however due to unforseen circumstances I simply was not mentally ready to go on stage.
2013- what is different? Number 1: I removed the negativity from my life and only surround myself with positive people, who inspire and motivate me to be the best I can be.
I approached Gabe from Fit Pharm and so the journey bagan! Telling the world that I was competing made me hold myself accountable, I had to live up to it now.
It did not come without many of tears and doubts, but having such an amazing support network saw me through and everyday I thought about it, wrote about it, dreamt about it... Utterly consumed to do well.

So what's next for me!?
I am going to study and get qualified as a Personal Trainer- my passion for the industry is undeniable and I know it's what I want to do. I'd love to train other's to achieve their fitness goals and I have a unique training style from a lot of girls.... Train like a man and lift heavy! And yes it has paid off (Below: My first place trophy)

I am also looking forward to next season's comps here in SA:
21st September ANB
29th September INBA
Watch out for me at these shows, I will be training for these in the upcoming months.

Keep following me on Facebook and Twitter:
Search Jenna Bleakley Fitness and Like my page, I appreciate every bit of support I get.





Much love, keep training hard everyone

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment