Thursday 7 March 2013

The 'Bitsa' Workout

My usual weight training program consists of isolating different body parts on different days eg: Monday= Shoulders, Tuesday= Chest, Wednesday= Legs and so on.
This style of training is not without its benefits; it allows me to work my weaknesses and 'smash' the muscle group. However, as a result of this particular type of training- you most probably experience muscle soreness and stiffness or DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) which is generally experience 1-2 days after training.
My trainer brought this to my attention this week and suggested a new concept of mixing up my workouts- in turn allowing me to perform at my peak, ready for anything whether it be a body attack class, holding, yoga, boxing... You name it. With that in mind last training session, my training partner/housemate Arek and I decided to chuck in a mixed body workout he calls "The Bitsa"! It was brilliant. It allowed for an all over upper body workout and I found I had a lot more endurance as one body part wasn't getting smashed over and over again!

I highly recommend giving it a go:

Chest Press on flat bench, beginning with 20 reps & increasing the weights gradually. 4 Sets
Chest Press Incline with Dumbells. 20 reps increasing the weights again- 4 sets.

Arnie Shoulder Press- using dumbells. 20 reps x 3 sets.
Shoulder lateral raise with dumbells. 20 reps x 3 sets.

Superset:
Tricep pull downs using cables 15 reps x 3 sets (Left Bottom)
Bicep curl using cables 15 reps x 3 sets (Left Top)

To finish up:

Hanging leg raises 3 sets x 20 reps
Russian Twists with 5kg medicine ball 3 sets x 15 reps (each side)
Crunches on swiss ball with 5kg plate overhead 3 sets x 15 reps

 Give this one a try and let me know how you go: jennableakleyfitness@hotmail.com

PS: I hope you like the new look to my fitness blog! The photo shoot was so much fun, I have included a couple of shots taken from the shoot. Hope you like them. Jenna xx








No comments:

Post a Comment