Saturday 23 February 2013

My weekend at a glance

Good Afternoon!

I hope you have had a fabulous weekend!

I have been super busy this weekend and have accomplished so much!

Friday night, after work, I spent my evening cooking up a storm in the kitchen. I made grilled snapper with a mango and avocado salad and for dessert I tried out a new CLEAN berry cheesecake! See the recipe below!

RECIPE:
Ingedients:

60g almond meal
4 Tblspn Almond milk
200g Low fat Cottage cheese
125g Greek Yoghurt- No or Low fat.
1 Tblspn Stevia
2 Egg whites
1/2 Tblspn vanilla essence
180g Mixed frozen berries

PROCEDURE:

1. For the Crust. Mix almond meal and almond milk together and press into a round baking tray, bake for 10-20mins on 180C. Set aside.
2. Add cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, stevia, egg whites and vanilla essence and blend together until smooth.
3. Pour mixture over almond base.
4. Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes, until centre sets.
5. Place frozen berries on top of cake and allow to sit in the fridge/freezer until cold.

Saturday morning, I was up early for my usual morning run on the esplanade. Warm Summer's morning and glassy water made it perfect! I jogged 8km, taking me just under an hour.
I managed to squeeze in a sneaky 30 minute leg session at the gym, I trained alone and incorporated a lot of traditional 'girly' leg exercises- now I call them 'girly' as I am yet to see a male doing step ups :p I have included my workout and a couple of gym shots below:

JENNA'S 30 MINUTE GIRLY LEG WORKOUT

1- Cable Kick Backs. 3 sets of 15 reps. Increasing the weight by 2 plates each set.

2- Barbell side lunges. 3 sets of 15 reps each side.

3- Smith machine lunges. 3 sets of 15 reps each side. Increasing by 5kg each set.

4- Dumbbell step ups with 10kg DB's. 3 sets of 15 reps each leg.

5- Wide legged smith machine squats (targets inner thinghs) 3 sets x 15 reps.

 
With training out of the way, I helped promote a new Adelaide supplement store "Supps N More" at Lorna Jane Marion- sampling D-fine8.
Supps N More will be opening in March, South Road St. Marys in SA. Stocking a large range of the best supplements on the market. Stay tuned for more details on the opening- Website will be coming soon, you can find them on Facebook! www.suppsnmore.com.au/


Left: Sampling Define8 with Supps N More!!
About D-fine8:
  • MuscleWerks D-Fine 8
  • Designed to bring numerous weight loss benefits
  • May reduct appetite
  • May boost metabolism
  • Increase energy
  • Help Define the new you with D-Fine 8
  •  
    MuscleWerks D-Fine 8 may be used to:
    Help sustain your energy; Assist fat loss and weight management; Help reduce appetite; Speed your metabolism.
    MuscleWorks D-Fine 8 is great for:
    Any athlete, sports person or individiual wishing to burn more calories and speed metaboism, to assist with weight management; Any individual wishing to sustain there energy for workout purposes or daily tasks.
    Right: Supps N More training tank! Loving it :)

    Saturday evening, I let my hair down and went out for dinner with a colleague. I had the salt and pepper squid thai salad and a couple of glasses of sav blanc to unwind! It's all about balance!
    I highly recommend The Wharf at Holdfast Shores, Glenelg if you are in South Australia. Very pleased with the quality of food and service!

    Below: Dressed up! A rarity to see me out of gym clothes on the weekend.




    Below right: The marina at Holdfast Shores. Very lucky to have this within walking distance to my home!



















    What a super weekend!
    And today (Sunday) I spent at a fitness seminar, lunch at the Organik store & cafe on Broadway with a friend and dinner with mum and dad!

    I would love to hear about your weekend, please feel free to email me: jennableakleyfitness@hotmail.com

    Xxx


    1 comment:

    1. Thanks for your great and helpful presentation I like your good service.I always appreciate your post. Excellent information on your blog, thank you for taking the time to share with us.
      gyms glenelg

      ReplyDelete