Tuesday 19 February 2013

Cheat Meal

Sticking to a regimented diet all week takes it's toll on both the mind and body.
Cheat meals allow you to stay focused on your diet, by allowing you to occasionally enjoy the 'forbidden foods'!
As I am fairly strict with my diet during the week. I can stick to it is because I know there is 'light at the end of the tunnel'! CHEAT MEAL!

Cheat meals are more than just an excuse to purge, there are various benefits of cheating on your diet, which in turn can help get you closer to achieving your ultimate body.

1) When strict dietting, you are probable to have low muscle glycogen levels, which can make you feel weaker and tired during your workouts. A cheat meal will help to replenish your stores and give you a lot more energy the next time you train.

2) Because you are limiting your calories intake when dietting, your metabolism rate will decrease (slow down). When you shock your system with a sudden calorie/carb overload, you will kick start your metabolism into gear.

3) Your body won't get used to running on a low calorie intake, which makes getting lean easier.

4) You won't feel deprived of the foods you love and will be less likely to stray from your diet.

5) It keeps you sane, clean eating can be bland day in, day out.




Above: Chicken and broccoli, great for leaning up! However, it is important to me to have my cheat meal once a week, keeps me sane and also keeps my body guessing!



No comments:

Post a Comment